Tuesday, August 16, 2011

A Great Vacation to Sunny St. George

We had such a great vacation in St. George! Aaron and Danielle were able to join us. Aunt Betty and Len were gracious enough to have us stay at their home. We did many amazing things: went to Zion National Park, went swimming at Sandhollow Reservoir, went to Tuacahn, spent time with family, and my own personal highlight--we did a temple session with family names.

My mother and Curt finally got to meet Aaron. They drove up from Vegas to have dinner with us. The grand kids were excited to see Grandma and Curt, it has been a long time. Josh is now taller than Grandma!
Rachel had too much fun playing with Jaxon. Here they are playing "beauty salon" in the gutter. Haven't you heard--the best thing for your hair is green moss??

As I said earlier, my favorite part of this trip was going to the beautiful St. George Temple. We did family names; Betty and her husband did her Mother and Father, and I was honored to take my Great-Grandmother's name, whom I'm named after. I have included a picture of her.  I am not sure how old she is, but I would guess around 10 or 12.  This was the first time I have ever taken a family name through. During the session, I was just flooded with great memories that I have of Grandma Crouch. It was a wonderful experience, one that I cannot fully express and that I will always treasure.


















Saturday we spent a fun day at the new Sandhollow Reservoir. The Killian family joined us, and we had so much fun on the water. Len brought his canoe, Kyle brought his kayaks, and we had fun with their toys. Then the older kids ended the day cliff jumping into the water.


I told thes two college-age girls, Ashlyn and Jessi, that taking this picture reminded me of taking one of them about ten years ago. How did they grow up so fast??

We had a girl's night out and went to see The Little Mermaid at Tuacahn. It was incredible! I only wish that I could have taken Britteni and Bella to it, also. The guys went moonlight repelling, what a scary idea!








Rachel really wanted to meet Ariel, and get her autograph, but the line was sooo long. She settled for this shot of her. Karin said that since this is Rachel's first play she has ever seen, it will ruin/spoil her to see just an ordinary school play. Definetely!!!

Zion---what can I say about it?? It is so magnificent, and majestic! Larry just loves hiking here. We didn't have enough time to see everything, and with it being Aaron's first time there, and it being SO hot, we decided to hike the Narrows. We all had a great time, especially Rachel. Who knew she was so adventurous??









It was an incredible vacation! We loved spending time with Aaron and Danielle, Betty and Len, and Amy and her kids; seeing Mom and Curt, and our great friends, the Killian's. Betty and Len couldn't have been more generous, or shown more hospitality! Not everybody would enjoy the heat in St. George in August, but we certainly did!!









1 comment:

Suzanne said...

WOW! What a trip! Green moss for your hair. Who knew? Loved the Little Mermaid. Can you imagine Lydia at that show? Doing family names is the best ever! Even doing baptisms for a bunch is amazing, but to have those two hours with that person....it is indescribable. Good for you! Zions is stunning. So glad you were able to enjoy it as a family.