Monday, August 16, 2010

Jessi will be at BYU in less than two weeks!

I only have the blessing of having Jessi in my home for only about another ten days! It is hitting me how much I am going to miss her. I joke than when I had all five kids at home, I couldn't wait for some to move out, but I don't like it at all. I miss them SO much!! I have learned that when they go, they come home to visit, but it is never the same.

Jessi has been such a blessing to me, ever since she was born. She is such a special girl, so helpful, so happy and positive and such a peacemaker. I rely on her so much with Josh and Rachel, even with them growing up, she babysits anytime, and has so much over the years for me. I actually wonder if I can raise them without her?!?!

I am trying to focus on how exciting this time is for her. How many great experiences she is going to have! I am THRILLED that I have yet another daughter to attend BYU! I am glad she will be there with Danielle and Aaron. She is going to be an English teacher, and is so determined. She will be a great teacher, as she is SO amazing with children! (Did I mention that she got a nanny job this summer?)

She is spending a lot of time with her cute boyfriend, and she will miss him so much too. But he is preparing for his mission. I keep saying it will be interesting to see what happens with them. He actually is a wonderful young man, one of the best ones I have met, the most mature 18 year old I have ever met. He treats her great and we all love him. He will be a great missionary!

Bottom line is that I love Jessi and she brings me so much joy! I will miss her daily presence, but I know she is where she needs to be and I am happy for her. Good luck baby!

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

We'll miss her too. Who's going to hide candy to search for in the morning?

Fun times said...

Ahh, that made me cry! We love Jessi so much and have loved having her be a part of our family. It will be exciting,though, to see the things that come her way :)