Saturday, October 16, 2010

Part-Timers????

So, today I had several episodes of Alzheimer's, or dare I say, "senior moments"?? First, I sent Larry off to the Priesthood stake conference session, and he calls me and asks if it could be at another building, as nobody is there. I check my ward bulletin, and it isn't until next week. Sorry honey.

Secondly, I decide to make a batch of chocolate zucchini muffins, and as I am spooning the batter into the muffin tin, I comment to Larry, who is home now, and changed back into his shorts and t-shirt, that the zucchini must have been really moist, as the batter is very runny. Then, as the muffin tins are in the oven, and I start to clean up. As I reach to put away the flour and sugar containers, I question myself if I put the flour in. Double checking the recipe to the amount, I am sure I didn't put the called for 2 1/2 cups in. This would explain the runniness!

My wonderful sweet husband, comes to my rescue. He helps pour the batter out, as they had only been in the oven about three or four minutes. Then we add the much needed flour, and start again. It's interesting how I got about 7 more muffins out of the batter now. hahaha

I am not sure, if it is full out Alzheimer's, (ALL-timers) or just part-timers.....but my hubby is a trooper, either way, thank goodness!

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

I've been experiencing those senior moments too. It certainly can't be because we're getting old. Harried maybe. But never old.

Anonymous said...

You can just call them senior moments...they kind of come and go. They just never go very far.