Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day




This is a dedication to all the women who I have loved throughout my life, to my own mother, my sisters, my mother-in-law, sister-in-laws, Aunts, many dear friends, teachers, etc. Maybe I haven't told them enough that I love them. I want them to know that I love and cherish them! To my children, how grateful I am for being your mother! It was always a strong desire of mine to one day be a mother. I have blessed with having the best five children, ever! I have learned so much from each one. I still remember the struggles of getting a full night's sleep, of potty training, of the constant needs of having three pre-schoolers. And having teen-agers simultaneously with toddlers, was not easy, and I am not sure I would recommend it to others, but looking back, it went by so fast! I have many times wondered if I cherished those moments enough at the time, I am sure I didn't most of the time. Did I focus more on what was really important? Sometimes, the laundry, getting dinner on the table, or a church responsibility, became very important. At the same time, having clean clothes, a warm meal and setting an example of service is an important aspect of mothering too.
Bottom line is, I am forever grateful to have had the great blessing of mothering my wonderful children, of being able to be home with them and watch them grow up into the amazing people they are. I am also grateful for all the women who have loved, taught, and been a good example to them. I am grateful for the wonderful women who have come into my life. Happy Mother's Day to all!!!

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

And we are blessed that you had the courage to go through five pregnancies and raise such great kids!