Sunday, July 31, 2011

A Trip to Canada to Meet Ember Rose


We didn't think we were going to able to travel up to Canada to see Ember, then suddenly things fell into place and Jessi, Josh and I were driving the 12+ hours north. We had some adventures on our trip that we will never forget....like Jessi "fixing" the child-lock doors, while I struggled to get the little gas door open so we could fill up our rental car. Then I got pulled over for speeding, got a ticket, my tears not softening the state trooper. Then I got sooo HOT, and thought it was from the adrenalin but no, I accidentally turned on the seat warmers, as I was trying to turn on the flashers. We had some water, and Mike and Ike's war...

Rachel was set to go to diabetes camp for a week, and it was a good time to get away. Then she got sick with strep throat, and we weren't sure. Larry, bless her great big heart, took care of Rachel and took her up to camp a day or so late, and encouraged us to go as planned. He took care of her, even when she got sick up at camp and had to come home early. I worried over her terribly, but was able to enjoy my time with the Malacko's and loved holding little Ember Rose. She is so little, she lost weight, and is having a difficult time regaining.
She actually likes to sleep this way!

Bella is gorgeous! Look at those eyes!
We were so lucky to be with Bella on her 4th Birthday! That was a special treat for us. She was so cute and so thankful for all her presents.






Bella LOVED eating the pink ice cream cones we got for her birthday! (Did you notice the sleep deprived parents in the background of this picture?)
Josh and Bella playing with Jessi's I-touch.
Jessi went swimming with Bella and her cousins.
My two beautiful grand-daughters! Ember is so lucky to have such a wonderful big sister! Bella is so cute. She would just randomly come up and give me a hug and kiss, then go back to her coloring. She likes to rhyme, and sing and would do it all throughout the day. Josh got a little tummy bug and was stuck in the bedroom for several days. He was so worried about getting Ember Rose sick. The last two days of our visit he felt much better and was happy to be able to hold her finally, but here she was hungry and had no patience.

Jessi getting a perfect kiss good-bye!
It was hard to say good-bye to these three beautiful girls, but we needed to get home. Ember Rose will have changed a lot before we see her again, I'm sure. Hopefully, it won't be too long before we get together again.

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

YAEY! Welcome to Ember. She's beautiful -- just like Mom and Grandmom. Terrific that there were so many helping hands and that Bella could feel special with cousins and birthdays. How terrific is that. YAEY!!!!! Grins all around

Emily said...

She's beautiful! I'm glad you got to go up and see her. Newborn babies are so sweet, and I'm sure those sleep-deprived parents appreciated having a few extra helping hands around, especially for Bella's birthday. Congrats to them and to you!