Thursday, August 23, 2012

Jessi's BIG Adventure

 
Jessi came to us back in Oct. of last year with this desire to go to Thailand to teach English with ILP who is contracted with BYU.  ILP sends teachers to China, Mexico, Ukraine, and Thailand.  She went to school spring and summer semesters so that she wouldn't fall behind while she is in Thailand for four months.  I will admit that I am struggling to be supportive of her decision.  It didn't help that she wanted me to go with her to her first immunization appt.  I was already nervous about her going  even before they talked to her about getting rabies, or typhus, or malaria, or encephalitis---all I was worried about was parasites and being so far away in a strange country.  What choice did I have when she told me that she had prayed and fasted about going here and that she KNEW it was what was right for her to do at this time? 
This is the closest thing I have gotten to sending a child on a mission.  She says it is preparing me for when Josh leaves.  I want to believe that I will have more faith in the Lord's protection for my son when he is serving Him, than I do for Jessi teaching young children English.
She is an amazing person and I am so very proud of her and what she accomplishes!  I am so inspired by her!  I would appreciate all of your prayers for her to be healthy and for her safe return in December.
She is hoping to ride an elephant while she is there, and who knows what other
adventures she will have!

 Jessi with some of her students.
 Jessi with one of her sweet students.
The schools building!  WOW!!!

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

HOLY COW! What an adventure!

Kelli Olsen said...

What an amazing adventure! I love her skirt in the top picture. I love reading her blog too.