Friday, September 27, 2013

A Trip to the Emergency Room


So Larry sold Cutco knives after his mission so I have a great set of wonderful knives.  I got them sharpened this summer, after 28 years of marriage, I thought it was time.  Well, the young man who sharpened them did a great job (and you think this is where I say I cut my finger with them, right??)  He did sharpen them nicely, and he did an even better job of selling me more of them.  I only had two steak knives in my whole set, and one had gotten lost over the years.  We fight over who gets the Cutco steak knife whenever we eat steak, and this young man offered me a great price to buy a few more.  Well, this is how I ended up in the ER.  I used one to cut open a bag of frozen vegetables, instead of scissors, and cut the whole entire finger pad off of my left index finger (at least it's my left hand.)  I won't gross you out with details, but no stitches, as nothing to sew back on.  I have had this nice fat bandage on my finger for over two weeks, and probably for a few more.  The good news is, I can't wash the dishes until it's healed and I will only need to get finger printed on nine fingers in the future.  

1 comment:

bnichole said...

And this is why Adam says he can never buy me a nice set of knives!
When Kim bought her Cutco knives, I remember her saying to the sales'boy', well that's great for when I need to cut my pop can in half but...