Sunday, June 12, 2011

Joel Brown's Farewell


This weekend we spent a lot of time with the Brown Family and ate a TON of great food as we celebrated Joel starting his mission this week. We are so grateful for him and for the righteous example he is. I have said for months now that his farewell will be amazing and that people in attendance will be saying to themselves that he is so well prepared that he will be a great missionary. He proved me right! He gave a wonderful talk and the spirit was felt so strongly by all.
He arrives in Provo on Wednesday. He will be at the MTC there for three weeks and then go the the Dominican Republic's MTC for several more weeks as he learns to speak fluent Spanish. He is so excited and ready to get out there and serve.
It was a great weekend, with many tears shed, but bottom line is, happy tears and we are excited to support him in the call to do the Lord's work. We will miss him, but can't wait to hear about his experiences.
We ate very yummy food, and too much of it, but I got kicked out of the kitchen when I burnt the bread. (Actually, the lady who turned the oven from bake to broil then left the kitchen burnt the bread, but since I was the only one in the kitchen when the fire alarms went off, I took the blame. That is just the way I am...hahaha, but I have to post the true story here, so not so humble, huh!?!?)

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

What a great Mom you are! Good job.