This weekend, Boise held a small hot air balloon festival. We decided after waking up early for the first week of school, that we all wanted to sleep in on Sat. morning, so we missed the 7:00am take off. But we drove to the down town park and joined a large group of people who wanted the see the big balloons do a light show, right at dusk. There were almost ten of them, and they looked cool all lined up. The were synchronized to music and the captains lite up the balloons. It was cool. Josh and Rachel were a little disappointed that we didn't see them take off, but we reminded them that they had chosen to sleep in.
It reminded me of when we took the three girls to one in Oklahoma. It was a much larger festival than this one. We did get there early, and walked around while the balloons were still laid out on the ground. They were enormous! That was probably about 15 years ago!
I haven't given much thought to too many things I want to do one day, you know like a "bucket list". But one day, I would like to take a ride with Larry in a hot air balloon.
Here they are all inflating.
1 comment:
If only I wasn't so afraid of heights.....
Post a Comment